If you’re a fan of Asian cuisine, you’ve probably heard of crab rangoon before. This popular appetizer can be found on the menus of many Chinese and Thai restaurants and is loved for its crispy exterior and creamy filling. But did you know that you can easily make crab rangoon at home? In this article, I’ll share an easy crab rangoon recipe that you can try out in your own kitchen.
Crab Rangoon Recipe Ingredients:
- Sweet and sour sauce
- 7 Tbsp ketchup
- 7 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsps water
- 1 (8 oz) room temperature cream cheese
- 8 0z crab meat or imitation crab meat
- 2 green onions
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 (12 oz) package wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
Step-By-Step Instructions To Make Crab Rangoon Recipe:
- In a small saucepan, add ketchup, white sugar, rice wine vinegar, water, and a pinch of salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and cook on low for 1 minute until thickened.
- Cut green onions and crab imitation meat into small pieces.
- Cream softened cream cheese with a spoon or handheld mixer.
- Add the crab imitation meat and the green onions to the cream cheese and mix together.
- Add garlic and wasa sauce to the mixture and mix again until everything is blended.
- Take wonton wrappers and fill 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each wrapper. Fold the wontons into an envelope fold, star fold, or triangular fold.
- Heat 1.5 inch layer of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry wontons for 1 minute until golden brown and remove. Place on a cooling rack or plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!
Tips To Make Crab Rangoon Recipe Perfect:
- You can use imitation crab meat if you prefer.
- To make the filling more flavorful, you can add a teaspoon of sesame oil and a dash of hot sauce.
- To save time, you can prepare the filling ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble and fry the crab rangoon.
Crab rangoon is a tasty and easy-to-make appetizer that will impress your friends and family. This recipe is simple and can be customized to your liking. You can experiment with different fillings or add extra seasonings to suit your taste. With this crab rangoon recipe, you’ll be able to recreate a restaurant favorite at home in no time. Enjoy!
Find your next favorite dish recipe. Subscribe to My Youtube Channel!